As a leadership team we have been monitoring the continued outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19) on a daily basis, we deeply desire to respond in faith while also recognising the impact this virus is having globally.
To slow the outbreak here in Australia, Prime Minister Scott Morrison announced a temporary border closure as of 9pm AEDT 20 March 2020, to all travellers except Australian citizens and residents. No other foreign travelers can enter Australia, and residents entering Australia must undertake a mandatory 14-day quarantine at designated facilities (for example, a hotel), in their port of arrival.
As of March 25th, the state of Queensland’s borders have also been closed.
The Australian government has reinforced its commitment to protecting the health of Australians and on 29 March the National Cabinet agreed to further limit most indoor and outdoor non-essential gathering to 2 people. Rules on essential gatherings are also in place.
The health and safety and well-being of our volunteers and participants remains our highest priority at all times.
As YWAM Toowoomba, we are committed to:
- Taking the precautionary measures to keep all our facilities clean and safe for all teams, visitors, participants, and campus residents
- Following the guidelines and recommendations of the World Health Organisation (WHO) and the Australian Government Department of Health.
- Timely and relevant communication with all our teams, participants, and campus residents about important changes and updates related to COVID-19
This is a dynamic and rapidly changing situation, and we are having to adapt and respond to this situation often. Please see the below updates as things stand today. We will provide further updates as necessary.
- January 2020 Discipleship Training School participants were released to return home on 20 March. We are working with them to complete DTS from home with pastoral support.
- July 2020 Discipleship Training School, and Staff Training Internship have been pushed back by 2 weeks. They are both currently scheduled to run, but the final call will be made the beginning of May.
- September 2020 School of Worship & Prayer is scheduled to run as usual.
- October 2020 Discipleship Training Schools are scheduled to run as usual.
We invite you to join us in prayer for the healing of those affected, wisdom for global leaders, and supernatural peace for those experiencing fear.
If you have any questions please feel free to email [email protected].
Michael and Paige Bingham
For current status of COVID-19 in Australia, see Department of Health:
For latest travel restrictions, see Australian Home Affairs: