MUSIC WILL CHANGE THE WORLD
The Music & Worship DTS is a 5-month long program created to strengthen students’ relationship with God. This school is designed for singers & musicians at any skill level, as well as those that are interested in music production. Students will be given unique opportunities to lead worship, write and record worship songs, and learn about the connection between music and missions. Also, there is no-prerequisite for this school. In other words, you don’t need to complete a ‘regular’ DTS in order to participate in this one.
Music is a powerful art form and something that helps to shape our culture. Through it, we can reveal God to the world in ways that are unique and creative. We want to raise up an army of musicians and creatives to know God and make Him known through our unique styles and talents.
TO KNOW GOD AND MAKE HIM KNOWN
The core purpose of a Discipleship Training School is to guide students to gain understanding about God and His ways. Our mission as YWAM is “To know God and make Him known”. DTS is an opportunity to say “yes” to these things in a deeper way.
The heart of our Music & Worship DTS is to inspire, champion, and equip those called to create through music. Whether you feel called to minister to the heart of God through worship, or to minister to others by sharing your music with the world, DTS will provide you with a foundation on which to build a life with eternal significance.
WHAT TO EXPECT
LECTURE PHASE – KNOW GOD
The core of our movement is to KNOW GOD AND MAKE HIM KNOWN, and the lecture phase of DTS is designed to champion students to KNOW GOD. Each week is built around a specific lecture topic, where knowledgeable speakers are invited to share and teach from their experience with said topic. Lecture phase is 12 weeks long.
Lecture phase topics include:
- The Nature & Character of God
- The Father Heart of God
- Hearing God’s Voice
- The Lordship of Jesus
- Biblical Worldview
- Missions & Evangelism
- Holy Spirit and Spiritual Warfare
- Identity in Christ
Outside of the classroom students will be attending The Prayer Room, community worship sessions, bible study, specialised night lectures for music & worship, small groups, mentorship, and fellowship over meals.
SMALL GROUPS AND ONE-ON-ONE’S
During the lecture phase students are assigned to a small group where they will be able to process all that they are learning with their peers and leaders. Students will often make close friends as they share openly, supporting and encouraging one another through discussion and prayer.
Students will also be assigned a DTS staff member to be their mentor while on DTS, giving them access to one-on-one discipling sessions where they can share more personally, receive support, encouragement and prayer.
One of the natural results of living in community with a bunch of zealous Jesus followers, is forming new friendships. The nature of DTS is to be open and honest with one another – the natural outworking of this environment is encouragement, love, support and deep, genuine friendships.
OUTREACH PHASE — MAKE GOD KNOWN
We believe the one of the outcomes of knowing God is MAKING GOD KNOWN. Outreach phase of DTS is an intentional response to what the student has learned during lecture phase. Outreach DTS outreach phase is 8 weeks long, 2 of the weeks being locally in Toowoomba and 6 of the weeks being overseas.
Local outreach may look like:
- Busking in town
- Working with youth groups
- Evangelism in the city
- Visiting with refugee families
- Leading worship at churches
- Helping run the Toowoomba Busking Festival
Overseas outreach may look like:
- Setting up & performing at music events or festivals
- Leading church services
- Sharing testimonies
- Doing practical work projects
- Street evangelism
- Prayer walks
- Serving youth ministries
- Teaching english classes
- Partnering with established mercy ministries
- Ministering to the poor and needy
- Caring for and playing with kids in orphanages
- House visits
OVERSEAS CULTURAL EXPERIENCES
Aside from ministry times, students will experience a whole new culture, make international friends, sample the local delicacies, experience the local sights and sounds and have a whole lot of fun as they journey with others on an overseas adventure. No matter where you end up going, outreach will be a time filled with memories you will be telling for years to come!
DATES & COST
The DATES for our upcoming Music & Worship Discipleship Training Schools are:
|School Intake||School Graduation|
|January 23rd, 2021||June 12th, 2021|
|July 17th, 2021||December 3rd, 2021|
|October 16th, 2021||March 4th, 2022|
|January 22nd, 2021||June 10th, 2022|
Please contact us to apply for intake dates beyond January 2022
The Cost for our upcoming Music & Worship DTS is:
|School Fees (Lecture Phase)||$AUD (Australian)||$USD (United States)|
|Tuition, Room, Board & Meals||$4,200||$3,192|
|Outreach Fees (Outreach Phase)|
|Local & Overseas Fees||$2,800-3,500*||$2,128-2,660*|
All School & Outreach fees are paid in Australia Dollars (AUD). USD has been included below as an estimate only (based on the USD rate 31th March, 2021). Please visit xe.com for the most current exchange rates.
*subject to airfare costs for overseas travel
Does not include travel costs to and from Toowoomba, visa, health insurance and immunisations.
Outreach fees cover the following:
- Transfers to & from Airports for Overseas Outreach
- Visa for your stay in your Overseas Outreach location
- All associated Airfares to your Overseas Outreach location
- All ground transport for Local & Overseas Outreach Phases
- Food & Accommodation for Local & Overseas Outreach Phases
IS MUSIC & WORSHIP FOR YOU?
The Music & Worship Discipleship Training School is an experience of a lifetime. Make new friends... Travel the world... Encounter God in a new way... And find purpose as you minister with music.
Our DTS is open to anyone; from those who have just picked up a guitar, to seasoned musicians, worship leaders, and music producers!
Our Music & Worship DTS is right for you if you:
- Feel called to worship ministry
- Want to impact the world through music
- Love to minister to the heart of God through music
- Are a singer
- Play a musical instrument
- Are interested in audio production
- Have a passion for music
- Want to learn more about God through the lens of music & worship!
- DTS was incredible! God revealed a lot about Himself- and myself- to me and taught me how to be confident in things He has called me to. I learned to step out of my comfort zone and trust in Him for the rest. This time has definitely helped me to figure out what I can do to bring His good news to people; especially in ways that I didn’t think I could.JohnCA, United States
- From the landscape, to the wildlife, to the people, this place is absolutely beautiful. There are constant reminders of how great of a creator God really is. Spending quiet time outside on the base is one of the greatest ways to sit and connect with Him. I don’t think I will ever stop being amazed by how beautiful the scenery is or how wonderful the people are. Even after two days of just orientation, guidelines, and ice-breakers I can tell that there is no place I’d rather do my DTS. All of the people here, both staff and students, have clearly come with such hunger and vulnerability and I can’t wait to see how God shows up among us. Also, the amount of pure talent here is crazy. There are some very gifted musicians, and I love getting to be a part in the random jam sessions and worship in our free time. This is a community that I feel so blessed to be in.MarrisaOH, United States