The Music & Worship Discipleship Training School is an experience of a lifetime. Make new friends... Travel the world... Encounter God in a new way... And find purpose as you minister with music.
MUSIC & WORSHIP DTS
The Music & Worship DTS is a 5-month long program created to strengthen students’ relationship with God. This school is designed for singers & musicians at any skill level, as well as those that are interested in music production. Also, there is no-prerequisite for this school. In other words, you don’t need to complete a ‘regular’ DTS in order to participate in this one. YWAM Toowoomba is part of the global Youth With A Mission network. See below for more information on our organization!
YOUTH WITH A MISSION
Youth With A Mission (YWAM, pronounced “WHY-wham”) was founded in 1960 with the goal of getting youth involved in missions. Youth With A Mission is a global movement of Christians dedicated to serving Jesus throughout the world. Though coming from many cultures, age groups, and Christian traditions, we unite with the common purpose to know God and make Him known.
In the early months of 2011, staff were sent out from YWAM Brisbane to pioneer a new ministry base in Toowoomba – the second largest inland city in Australia, with a focus on empowering those passionate about music ministry.
Now almost a decade later, YWAM Toowoomba has grown into a base dedicated to empowering artists and championing justice & mercy. Through our many ministries we seek to give young people the opportunity to say “yes” to God and impact the world through love and hospitality starting with our neighbors and reaching to the ends of the earth.
IS OUR MUSIC & WORSHIP DTS FOR YOU?
Our DTS is open to anyone; from those who have just picked up a guitar, to seasoned musicians, worship leaders, and music producers!
Our Music & Worship DTS is right for you if you:
- Feel called to worship ministry
- Want to impact the world through music
- Love to minister to the heart of God through music
- Are a singer
- Play a musical instrument
- Are interested in audio production
- Have a passion for music
- Want to learn more about God through the lens of music & worship!
- DTS was incredible! God revealed a lot about Himself- and myself- to me and taught me how to be confident in things He has called me to. I learned to step out of my comfort zone and trust in Him for the rest. This time has definitely helped me to figure out what I can do to bring His good news to people; especially in ways that I didn’t think I could.JohnCA, United States
- From the landscape, to the wildlife, to the people, this place is absolutely beautiful. There are constant reminders of how great of a creator God really is. Spending quiet time outside on the base is one of the greatest ways to sit and connect with Him. I don’t think I will ever stop being amazed by how beautiful the scenery is or how wonderful the people are. Even after two days of just orientation, guidelines, and ice-breakers I can tell that there is no place I’d rather do my DTS. All of the people here, both staff and students, have clearly come with such hunger and vulnerability and I can’t wait to see how God shows up among us. Also, the amount of pure talent here is crazy. There are some very gifted musicians, and I love getting to be a part in the random jam sessions and worship in our free time. This is a community that I feel so blessed to be in.MarrisaOH, United States