Rural & Coastal is a travelling staff ministry team with a unique calling to our city and nation.
Toowoomba is situated in a strategic place for sending outreach teams across the nation of Australia. Our city sits in-between the outback and the coast of South-East Queensland, serving as a gateway to both areas of the country. Our team ‘Rural & Coastal’, began with recognising this strategic advantage and the opportunity to impact this nation with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
The vision behind Rural & Coastal is to encourage, inspire, and serve the churches and communities around us. It’s a great opportunity for those who want to put their faith in action, and to see change not just in our YWAM community, but our city and nation.
Over the years, we’ve partnered with various ministries and churches to bring lasting transformation in the communities of Australia. Being part of the R&C team gives you the opportunity to use your unique gifts and strengths to see real change in people’s lives.
A typical week might include:
- Leading Worship in Churches
- Running Youth Groups
- Visiting a Drug/Alcohol Rehabilitation Centre
- Playing Gigs and Open Mics
- Street Evangelism
and much more…
Rural & Coastal is open to all who have completed a DTS (anywhere in the world).
- "Rural and Coastal has been my calling and dream of music missions in Australia coming to life! Travelling to towns in Queensland and New South Wales, doing music to reach people, and all the other random ways we can just serve people! I've scrubbed toilets, been on the radio, hosted youth groups, busked on the street, done life with people... I absolutely love Australia and being able to bless people, and that is the quintessential heart of RC."AJ - Rural & Coastal Team
- "I remember one time singing at a high school, we had just finished our set and a young girl came up to us and thanked us with tears in her eyes for a song we sung. It happened to be the same song she sang at her little brother's funeral just a few months prior. You could tell God spoke to her through the song and to me that made it all worth it. I believe it is the little moments that make the biggest impact in this world, but often we lose sight of them in the busyness and grand scheme of life."Michael - Rural & Coastal Team