The Range & Roads Discipleship Training School is an experience of a lifetime. Make new friends... Travel the world... Encounter God in a new way... And explore your calling...
The Range & Roads DTS is a 5-month long program created to strengthen students’ relationship with God. This school is designed for those who have a hunger for adventure and a deep love for travel!
PURPOSE: TO KNOW GOD AND MAKE HIM KNOWN
The core purpose of a Discipleship Training School is to help students gain an understanding about God and His ways. Our mission as YWAM is “To know God and make Him known”. DTS is an opportunity to say “yes” to these things in a deeper way.
In addition, we believe that God loves adventure! We tailor our Range & Roads Schools to focus on the bonding experience of travel throughout the 5 months.
Overall, DTS will strengthen your faith, develop your Christian character, identify your unique gifts and equip you to share the love of God. Now more than ever it’s an incredible time to see the world and dive deeper into your relationship with God!
HEART: DTS IS MORE THAN JUST A TRAINING SCHOOL
The Hebrew word yada means ‘to know by experience’. Our heart for DTS is that students would ‘yada’ God more; to know Him by experiencing Him in new and deeper ways. DTS is about so much more than head knowledge. It’s about knowing God and His love more in order to share that love with those around us.
The heart of our Range & Roads DTS is to get to know God as you travel and explore the world. This DTS provides students with the opportunity of spending their lecture phase in our beautiful city of Toowoomba, overlooking the Range, while also traveling the Roads of our region- visiting cities and towns around Rural Australia and its East Coast.
VISION: A HEART FOR ADVENTURE
YWAM Toowoomba is located on the crest of the Great Dividing Range on the East coast of Australia. We’re a city on a hill overlooking a beautiful and magnificent mountain range, and also strategically positioned right between the outback of Australia and the coast of Queensland. The Range & Roads DTS provides students with the opportunity of spending their lecture phase in our beautiful city of Toowoomba as well as exploring cities and towns around Rural Australia and its East Coast. We hope by traveling with your school mates you can form stronger bonds and see more of God’s heart for other places before ministering to others during outreach.
IS OUR RANGE AND ROADS DTS FOR YOU?
If you have a heart for adventure, travel, and exploration, all while growing in your relationship with God and creating lifelong friendships, the Range & Roads Discipleship Training School is perfect for you!
Our Range & Roads DTS is right for you if you:
- Have a passion for travel
- Love to see different parts of God’s creation
- Are interested in exploring unique communities
- Love road trips
Want to learn more about God through the lens of travel & adventure!
- From the landscape, to the wildlife, to the people, this place is absolutely beautiful. There are constant reminders of how great of a creator God really is. Spending quiet time outside on the base is one of the greatest ways to sit and connect with Him. I don’t think I will ever stop being amazed by how beautiful the scenery is or how wonderful the people are. Even after two days of just orientation, guidelines, and ice-breakers I can tell that there is no place I’d rather do my DTS. All of the people here, both staff and students, have clearly come with such hunger and vulnerability and I can’t wait to see how God shows up among us. Also, the amount of pure talent here is crazy. There are some very gifted musicians, and I love getting to be a part in the random jam sessions and worship in our free time. This is a community that I feel so blessed to be in.MarrisaOH, United States
- DTS was incredible! God revealed a lot about Himself- and myself- to me and taught me how to be confident in things He has called me to. I learned to step out of my comfort zone and trust in Him for the rest. This time has definitely helped me to figure out what I can do to bring His good news to people; especially in ways that I didn’t think I could.JohnCA, United States