Part of the Music & Worship DTS involves an 8 week Outreach Phase, both here in Toowoomba and overseas.
During this time, you will gain experience in a number of different areas that may include:
- Setting up & performing at music events or festivals
- Ministering with your music
- Leading worship services
- Sharing testimonies
- Playing acoustic shows at universities, colleges or schools
- Doing practical work projects within the community
- Sharing your faith with others
- Serving youth ministries
- Teaching english classes
- Ministering in sex trade areas
- Ministering to the poor
- Caring for and playing with kids in orphanages.
Aside from ministry times, you will experience a whole new culture, make international friends, sample the local delicacies, experience the local sights and sounds and have a whole lot of fun as you journey with others on an overseas adventure.
Our Music & Worship DTS will also have 1 week of local outreach here in Toowoomba which includes time in our on-site recording studio. This is an amazing opportunity to create a memory of your time here on DTS.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Our ministry has a strong call to Thailand and other South-East Asian nations. In particular, we feel called as a ministry to work with young girls that have been rescued from the sex trade industry (very common in these nations).
To give you an idea of what an outreach to Thailand may be like, follow the links below to YWAM Thailand’s website. Here you will find extensive information on what to expect during an outreach experience to Thailand.
- General Information
- Cultural Orientation and Bangkok Prayer Walk
- Thailand Ministry Opportunities
- Outreach Locations
- A Guide To Thai Culture
- Religious History of Thailand
- Thai Language Basics
- Frequently Asked Questions
SEX TRADE AND AT-RISK KIDS FOCUS
We are currently exploring the possibility of sending a team to Cambodia to focus on ministry within the sex trade and at risk children. We are looking into the possibility of joining ministries there that focus on at risk kids for a period of time on this trip.