The Range & Roads Discipleship Training School is an experience of a lifetime. Make new friends... Travel the world... Encounter God in a new way... And explore your calling...
The Range & Roads DTS is a 5-month long program created to strengthen students’ relationship with God. This school is designed for those who have a hunger for adventure and a deep love for travel! YWAM Toowoomba is part of the global Youth With A Mission network. See below for more information on our organization!
YOUTH WITH A MISSION
Youth With A Mission (YWAM, pronounced “WHY-wham”) was founded in 1960 with the goal of getting youth involved in mission. Youth With A Mission is a global movement of Chrisitans dedicated to serving Jesus throughout the world. Though coming from many cultures, age groups, and Christian traditions, we unite with the common purpose to know God and make Him known.
YWAM has three branches: training, evangelism, and mercy ministry. Our Discipleship Training Schools fall under the training branch of YWAM, however over the course of outreach you will likely also participate in evangelism and mercy ministry- this could be anything from house visits with refugee families to busking on the streets to helping run local and international events.
In the early months of 2011 staff were sent out from YWAM Brisbane to pioneer a new ministry base in Toowoomba- the second largest inland city in Australia, with a focus on empowering those passionate about music ministry.
Now almost a decade later, YWAM Toowoomba has grown into a base dedicated to empowering artists and championing justice & mercy. Through our many ministries we seek to give young people the opportunity to say “yes” to God and impact the world through love and hospitality starting with our neighbors and reaching to the ends of the earth.
IS OUR RANGE AND ROADS DTS FOR YOU?
If you have a heart for adventure, travel, and exploration, all while growing in your relationship with God and creating lifelong friendships, the Range & Roads Discipleship Training School is perfect for you!
Our Range & Roads DTS is right for you if you:
- Have a passion for travel
- Love to see different parts of God’s creation
- Are interested in exploring unique communities
- Love road trips
- Want to learn more about God through the lens of travel & adventure!
- DTS was incredible! God revealed a lot about Himself- and myself- to me and taught me how to be confident in things He has called me to. I learned to step out of my comfort zone and trust in Him for the rest. This time has definitely helped me to figure out what I can do to bring His good news to people; especially in ways that I didn’t think I could.JohnCA, United States
- From the landscape, to the wildlife, to the people, this place is absolutely beautiful. There are constant reminders of how great of a creator God really is. Spending quiet time outside on the base is one of the greatest ways to sit and connect with Him. I don’t think I will ever stop being amazed by how beautiful the scenery is or how wonderful the people are. Even after two days of just orientation, guidelines, and ice-breakers I can tell that there is no place I’d rather do my DTS. All of the people here, both staff and students, have clearly come with such hunger and vulnerability and I can’t wait to see how God shows up among us. Also, the amount of pure talent here is crazy. There are some very gifted musicians, and I love getting to be a part in the random jam sessions and worship in our free time. This is a community that I feel so blessed to be in.MarrisaOH, United States