The Range & Roads Discipleship Training School is an experience of a lifetime. Make new friends... Travel the world... Encounter God in a new way... And explore your calling...
A HEART FOR ADVENTURE
The Range & Roads DTS is a 5-month long program created to strengthen students’ relationship with God. This school is designed for those who have a hunger for adventure and a deep love for travel!
YWAM Toowoomba is located on the crest of the Great Dividing Range on the East coast of Australia. We’re a city on a hill overlooking a beautiful and magnificent mountain range, and also strategically positioned right between the outback of Australia and the coast of Queensland. The Range & Roads DTS provides students with the opportunity of spending their lecture phase in our beautiful city of Toowoomba as well as exploring cities and towns around Rural Australia and its East Coast. By traveling with their school mates, students can form stronger bonds and see more of God’s heart for other places before ministering to others during outreach.
TO KNOW GOD AND MAKE HIM KNOWN
The core purpose of a Discipleship Training School is to help students gain an understanding about God and His ways. Our mission as YWAM is “To know God and make Him known”. DTS is an opportunity to say “yes” to God in a deeper way.
WHAT TO EXPECT
LECTURE PHASE – KNOW GOD
The core of our movement is to KNOW GOD AND MAKE HIM KNOWN, and the lecture phase of DTS is designed to champion students to KNOW GOD. Each week is built around a specific lecture topic, where knowledgeable speakers are invited to share and teach from their experience with said topic. Lecture phase is 12 weeks long.
Lecture phase topics include:
- The Nature & Character of God
- The Father Heart of God
- Hearing God’s Voice
- The Lordship of Jesus
- Biblical Worldview
- Missions & Evangelism
- Holy Spirit and Spiritual Warfare
- Identity in Christ
Outside of the classroom students will be attending The Prayer Room, community worship sessions, bible study, small groups, mentorship, fellowship over meals and spending time on the road.
SMALL GROUPS AND ONE-ON-ONE’S
During the lecture phase students are assigned to a small group where they will be able to process all that they are learning with their peers and leaders. Students will often make close friends as they share openly, supporting and encouraging one another through discussion and prayer.
Students will also be assigned a DTS staff member to be their mentor while on DTS, giving them access to one-on-one discipling sessions where they can share more personally, receive support, encouragement and prayer.
One of the natural results of living in community with a bunch of zealous Jesus followers, is forming new friendships. The nature of DTS is to be open and honest with one another – the natural outworking of this environment is encouragement, love, support and deep, genuine friendships.
OUTREACH PHASE — MAKE GOD KNOWN
We believe the one of the outcomes of knowing God is MAKING GOD KNOWN. Outreach phase of DTS is an intentional response to what the student has learned during lecture phase. Outreach DTS outreach phase is 8 weeks long, 2 of the weeks being locally in Toowoomba and 6 of the weeks being overseas.
Local outreach may look like:
- Prayer walks in the city
- Working with youth groups
- Evangelism in the city
- Visiting with refugee families
- Helping run the Toowoomba Busking Festival
Overseas outreach may look like:
- Leading church services
- Sharing testimonies
- Doing practical work projects
- Street evangelism
- Working with indigenous communities
- Prayer walks
- Serving youth ministries
- Teaching english classes
- Partnering with established mercy ministries
- Ministering to the poor and needy
- Caring for and playing with kids in orphanages
- House visits
- Setting up & performing at music events or festivals
OVERSEAS CULTURAL EXPERIENCES
Aside from ministry times, students will experience a whole new culture, make international friends, sample the local delicacies, experience the local sights and sounds and have a whole lot of fun as they journey with others on an overseas adventure. No matter where you end up going, outreach will be a time filled with memories you will be telling for years to come!
IS OUR RANGE & ROADS DTS FOR YOU?
If you have a heart for adventure, travel, and exploration, all while growing in your relationship with God and creating lifelong friendships, the Range & Roads Discipleship Training School is perfect for you!
Our Range & Roads DTS is right for you if you:
- Have a passion for travel
- Love to see different parts of God’s creation
- Are interested in exploring unique communities
- Love road trips
- Enjoy camping
- Love meeting new people
- Want to learn more about God through the lens of travel & adventure!
Dates & Cost
The DATES for our upcoming Range & Roads Discipleship Training Schools are:
|School Intake||School Graduation|
|January 23rd, 2021||June 12th, 2021|
|July 17th, 2021||December 3rd, 2021|
|October 16th, 2021||March 4th, 2022|
|January 22nd, 2021||June 10th, 2022|
Please contact us to apply for intake dates beyond January 2022
The Cost for our upcoming Range & Roads DTS is:
|School Fees (Lecture Phase)||$AUD (Australian)||$USD (United States)|
|Tuition, Room, Board & Meals||$4,200||$3,192|
|Outreach Fees (Outreach Phase)|
|Local & Overseas Fees||$2,800-3,500*||$2,128 – 2,660*|
All School & Outreach fees are paid in Australia Dollars (AUD). USD has been included below as an estimate only (based on the USD rate 31th March, 2021). Please visit xe.com for the most current exchange rates.
*subject to airfare costs for overseas travel
Does not include travel costs to and from Toowoomba, visa, health insurance and immunisations.
Outreach fees cover the following:
- Transfers to & from Airports for Overseas Outreach
- Visa for your stay in your Overseas Outreach location
- All associated Airfares to your Overseas Outreach location
- All ground transport for Local & Overseas Outreach Phases
- Food & Accommodation for Local & Overseas Outreach Phases
- DTS was incredible! God revealed a lot about Himself- and myself- to me and taught me how to be confident in things He has called me to. I learned to step out of my comfort zone and trust in Him for the rest. This time has definitely helped me to figure out what I can do to bring His good news to people; especially in ways that I didn’t think I could.JohnCA, United States
- From the landscape, to the wildlife, to the people, this place is absolutely beautiful. There are constant reminders of how great of a creator God really is. Spending quiet time outside on the base is one of the greatest ways to sit and connect with Him. I don’t think I will ever stop being amazed by how beautiful the scenery is or how wonderful the people are. Even after two days of just orientation, guidelines, and ice-breakers I can tell that there is no place I’d rather do my DTS. All of the people here, both staff and students, have clearly come with such hunger and vulnerability and I can’t wait to see how God shows up among us. Also, the amount of pure talent here is crazy. There are some very gifted musicians, and I love getting to be a part in the random jam sessions and worship in our free time. This is a community that I feel so blessed to be in.MarrisaOH, United States